Tuesday, October 11, 2005

My Mommy had an adventure yesterday! She heard the outdoors kitties meowing for breakfast, and she took food out. I tried to warn her by meowing, but she didn't listen and told me I had food in my room. But I wasn't trying to tell her about food. I was trying to tell her that Gree and Pepi had got the racoon cornered in the cat igloo thingy! So Mommy jumped up real high (almost like a cat!) and made squeaking noises (almost like a mouse) when she saw the racoon sticking his nose out of the cat igloo with Pepi and Gree standing there not letting him out. Pepi and Gree were sorta just in the way so Mr Racoon couldn't get out and they were actin all curious. Once Mommy stopped squeaking and jumping, she distracted Pepi and Gree so Mr Racoon could sneak out. Well he snucked out and ranned off the porch. But he wanted food too! So he came back up on the porch to help Pepi and Gree eat. Mommy told me later she had visions of a cat and racoon fight, so she distracted Mr Racoon by putting down a few pieces of food for him off away from the porch and it worked. Mr Racoon likes kitty food, I guess. Mommy said it was weird he was scared of Pepi and Gree, cuz 'coons usually aren't scared of cats. He's just a kid tho, Mommy said. But it's a good thing Pepi and Gree have their shots just in case he gets all normal like and bites!

Mommy told Grandma about her adventure. And guess what (Scooby and Shaggy and Scout, listen!), Grandma let Gree in for a while and petted her and let her visit! Grandma told Gree that she could come in when it's real cold or something outside. Pepi didn't want to come in tho. Boys can be weird, I guess. It's much nicer inside, I think. So I bet Grandma lets Gree in to stay before long. Mommy says not to mention that to Grandma tho or she'll get all 'barassed and won't do it. hehehe

3 Comments:

Blogger Spock said...

Yeah, racoonies sure do like kitty food. Mom said when she was little & lived with my grandma they had a whole family of racoons that would come eat the kitty food. They're so cute when they eat cause they pick the food up in their paw & then eat one piece at a time. That's one animal I haven't seen around here.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Sanjee said...

They wash their hands after they eat, too! They're cute, but they shouldn't eat all the kitty food cuz then there's none left for the kitties!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Oh awesome of Gramma to do that. Gree sounds like a sweetie and Gramma too 'cause she loves kitties. Pepi is just being a macho boy. Mom says homeless kitties tend to pick where they want to live, they know a good house when they see one, and then there's no way around it. You belong to them!!!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home